Monday, January 7, 2008

The Plane Journey

Well, it's been 3 days now and there is so much to tell. But it's getting late and the sound of typing on the keyboard is rather noisy so will limit this to the plane journey.

Well, the flight was super late, it leaves (i mean it was on time but it's time is late) at 1:10am and we were so exhausted by the time we arrived. I was so touched that so many ppl came to see us off.. I mean, in all our years there we hardly ever saw ANYONE off at the airport... wow... even N, recovering from a bout of leukemia, our NP (or is it MP??), recovering from breast Ca... plus so many friends there wasn't really time to talk to everyone.. thanks so much everyone..

Finally, finally we got to board the plane. Got to sit in business class seats(but with economy class food, but I was not complainin!)so much more spacious..especially when I had to share my seat with you-know-who! I didn't expect her to sleep in the bassinet, but she did, thank God! It was pretty diff to zip up the part that secures her in it cos she is so bidder dirl, but we managed in the end. And the seats recline so much with such a good foot rest that I managed to get some sleep for a few hours.
Then this guy sitting accross the aisle started talkin in his sleep, and I think he was even singing at one point! He woke up soph and she was cranky and diff to settle for about half an hour. I dont know whether the guys was a bit cuckoo or drunk... cos he took off his shirt and slept in his singlet. from a sitting position he ended up with his whole body on the foot rest and his head on the seat.

Reaching the airport, we were met by both C's two singapore colleagues.. which was good cos all out luggage (11 pieces in all incl stroller, not incld soph) could not fit into one car! Immigration was very fast, not many foreigners in the queue.

Well, will write more tomorrow.

No comments: