Aiya, this was supposed to be a post with the pictures of our apartment. But blogger seems to be having difficulties. I can't post pictures somehow, and I have been trying quite a few times.
Anyway... let's see what's new.
The weekend. Well, Sat C went into work in the morning again. Seems like this is going to become routine. At least his office is in town - the heart of the shopping district - so LM and I went shopping. Went into this department store and tried on hats. Actually I only tried on one which was pretty nice, then saw the price tag - about 7000 yen! I don't know how much that is (divide by 75 to get sing dollars) but I know it's above and beyond my budget! Sad... it looked good on me! But I did get myself some more clothes. Got another sweater and a turtleneck long sleeve. The 2 sweaters I brought with me are woefully inadequate, they are both so thin.
After that went back to C's office, had lunch then I went shopping again. There is a supermarket just behind his office so I went there and got a stocking hat for only 450yen (not so glam but it's cheap and warm too) and stocked up on all my groceries for the week.
Then on Sunday we went to church. Managed to find the place with the help of the GPS. The good thing is that even though it's all in Jap and you can't type in the name of the place except in jap, you can just input the phone number of the place and hey presto it finds it for you! We met a few new ppl who also speak English and everyone is very friendly. We stayed back for lunch after service. Occasionally someone cooks lunch and whoever wants stays back and has lunch there and pays for lunch, the money going towards some homeless shelter or something like that. But we went off quite quickly after that as LM hadn't had her morning nap.
Today I was very adventurous and I went off to the government office to sort out LM's resident card. They had put down her nationality as Singaporean. So I went off in a taxi (showed the taxi driver the place on a map), and when I got there, called C's secretary who explained to the fella what was wrong. Big discussion, as they couldn't understand why we had put our 'home address' as singapore but are actually malaysian by nationality!!! So in the end I had to give a malaysian address. And to amend that form that we had filled in the last time we were there, I had to fill out another amendment form!!! Aiyo.... it took quite awhile, but LM was very good. She sat on the chair next to me and ate cornflakes (without spilling much!) and did some drawing.
Then in the afternoon, after LM's nap, we ventured out again to the open air market and shopping area. It was about 15 mins walk and it was the coldest day this winter! But it was pretty interesting. I managed to buy half a honeydew melon and it was really oishii! (delicious!) Also found a 100 yen shop and got quite a lot of household stuff.
Now got to go get dinner. It's already 9:30pm.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i also bought a hat.it looked quite good on me at that moment but now i think i look abit wierd wearing it so havent worn it yet.
so much shopping huh?i like japan already!
you have a car there?
Post a Comment