It was raining today and I needed to go out to get groceries so I decided to walk. Usually I try not to go out in the rain. I have a plastic rain cover for LM's stroller, but she tends to pull it up which defeats the purpose. Also, it's quite a feat to push her heavy stroller, carry groceries and an umbrella at the same time. Even without the umbrella, I don't really have energy to go to the store with her now.
So she got all togged up in her new raincoat (care bears picture on the back, hey not cheap you know) and I put her harness on top of that for good measure so she couldn't run away. And we set off!
She totally loved walking in the rain and the puddles. Kept going on and on, "Sophie so wet!" But she was really good and didn't try to run off which I am always scared she will do as we have to walk along a pretty busy road.
When we reached the supermarket, I noticed (for the first time) that they provide not only plastic bags for your wet umbrella, but also stacks of clean and neatly folded towels! I saw some other people using them to wipe down their wet raincoats! Wa... they think of everything! So ok, la, we also used them to wipe down LM's raincoat!
Another place where they provide fresh clean towels is at the petrol stations. While they put petrol for you, and clean your windows, they also hand you a nicely folded white towel to wipe the dust off your dashboard! The staff will even pump air into your tyres, and when you drive off, they will help you look out for traffic and stand there bowing until you leave! As I told C, he will surely miss that if we go back and he has to DIY everything again!

No comments:
Post a Comment