This is about my maid or rather part time cleaner. She just comes in for 2 hours a week. Her name is Mese - pronounced "messy"! Great name for a maid, ya! Hehe..
So far I've been trying to teach her to do my ironing. But after a month of having to re-do almost every shirt that she irons, I have given up. I have showed her at least 3 times how I want it done, but she still goes ahead and does it her way. And the last time, it seemed as if the shirts - C's work shirts - were not even ironed at all! Feddap la. So finally give up. I'll do them myself. But the problem is, ironing is actually the most helpful thing she can do for me. She vaccumes the floor for an hour, and does it quite well, actually. It doesn't really need mopping as there is very little dust since we hardly open the windows or sliding doors. The windows are rather dangerous as there are no grilles. So last Thurs I got her to clean the bathrooms. I pointed out the sink and counter area and asked her to do there. Later I found out that she hadn't cleaned the sink, just the counter! Aiya... have to be very detailed and specific when giving her instructions!
The thing is that she is very nice and I feel kind of mean to be 'ngiau' and particular. Esp since she is so much older than me - she's a grandmother already. But if she doesn't do it well, I'll just have to do it all over again, and I'm paying her so much leh..
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment