Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I've Got Help!

Haha... my new cleaner is here today for the first time. Never had someone to do the chores for me.. (except C). It feels so good and so lazy..
She is going to come in once a week for about 2 hours to mainly vaccume the floor and do ironing. It's so hot that ironing is a real nightmare. But she says she likes ironing, so great!
She is charging me 1500 yen an hour (about SGD20) which is pretty steep. I was prepared to pay 1000 only. But when she had come to see the house, and brought some cupcakes for me.. how to say it's too much? Here ppl don't bargain one. And since she speaks English... that does make life a LOT easier. Well, we'll see how she does. If she works well (and cleans under the beds!) and doesn't waste time then it should be worth it. Don't know whether I'll be able to afford to get her to do extra hours even after the baby is born at this price tho.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! :) My maid is Albert. Hehehe! And I hate ironing as well