While in Phuket, we decided to go swimming before breakfast on the second day. We all got changed into swimwear and swim diaper (just one of us), slathered on sun block and went down to the pool. Now Little Miss hasn't been swimming for quite a while - it's been winter, after all, and the heated swimming pool at our apartment is a lap pool, so no kids allowed.
So anyway we got down to the pool on a lovely day and undressed. I got into the pool first so that C could pass LM to me. But she took fright and wouldn't go in. So I was going to swim a bit before coming out and letting C have a turn. But she would have none of it! She yelled so much that I had to come out before even swimming a quarter of the pool! So I got out and C had his swim. She didn't yell so much, but while he was swimming away she'd say plaintively, "Papa, Papa, Papa...." and when he turned around and came back our way, she'd wave frantically and excitedly at him! And this continued till he got out!
Needless to say, that was the end of swimming in the pool! But there was a small ?whirlpool? on our balcony - the main reason I chose this hotel! - so we took a dip in that. As it was empty to begin with, it was less threatening to LM. It had been cleaned out for us, but then it rained so we had to start out cleaning it. LM helped.
Only then did we get to sit back and enjoy the water rushing in. However, we had underestimated the time to fill the pool, so had to come out before the water was even a quarter filled as the sun was too hot. I don't think LM would have gone in if the water was full either!

No comments:
Post a Comment