Monday, March 10, 2008

Playschool

Well, Little Miss has started playschool already and has been making new friends. The first day I slipped off and she didn't cry. After that, everytime we go up in the lift to her school, she kinda looks around and realises where we are going and starts to whimper a little. Then tears flow when I leave her there. Have to steel myself to let her cry!

The school is in the our hotel, just in another tower; so it's really convenient. I don't even have to put on a coat or bundle up against the cold. She goes 3 times a week for only 2 hours each time. I have to prepare lunch for her to bring along.

Still, the teachers say that she is making friends with the other little ones. She is very 'on' about waving goodbye to them after school; and if she sees them outside school, wa... excited betul!

She isn't as good at the childcare during my Jap lessons. There are 3 adults there to take care of the kids and usually only 1-2 kids, so not much distraction; although there are lovely toys. The Jap lessons and childcare are all run by volunteers and it's ridiculously cheap, while her playschool is ridiculously expensive! To give you an idea, her playschool costs about SGD 540 per month. The childcare at my Jap lessons is SGD 1.30 for each 2 hour session!!!!! Plus I only pay SGD 13 for 1 month of lessons, including tea and snacks, photocopying etc etc! A world of difference. If I want to leave her longer at her playschool, it's about SGD 10 for half an hour!

No comments: