There are some stories that I didn't get to tell most people... so let me recount one here. Hope C doesn't mind about this story.
Before we went off to Cape Town last year, C decided that he needed another pair of jeans. One pair wasn't quite enough to last a whole week of holidays. So we went off to Levi's in Wisma Atria and he chose a pair. Gosh, it was hard to find a plain pair. Most of them seemed to be designed for fashion consicous teens! Anyway he got what he wanted and this fella measured the length for alteration. He asked C whether he wanted it 39 or 40 inches from the waist. Usually his work pants are 40 inches. But I pointed out that this is different cloth. I didn't advise either way, which was a very good thing, as it turned out! So decided on 39 and a half and I signed the alteration chit for him.
He went down to collect the pants a week or so later, 3 days before we left for Cape Town. Took them back and tried them on and horror of horror, they were too short
!!!!! And like a lot too short so that look like 'gundu' only. He was in agonies. He measured it carefully and they had altered it to 38 and 3/4 inches. Wondered what to do the whole night, should he go back and complain? I thought that they would not take resposibility for just half an inch less. It was altered so that it could not be let out any further. Anyway, I had signed the chit saying it should be 39 1/2 which even if they had done that it would have still been a lot too short. The reason being that jeans material tends to bunch up above your trainers. He was SO worried about wasting the SGD 157. I kept telling him not to worry, we prayed about it and he still kept worrying! I mean! Sometimes, some men tend not to listen to their wife's encouragement cos they are so used to getting nothing but positive words from their wives! After all the teachings in pre-marriage counseling about how not to nag yoru husband, how you must encourage and build up them... then they can get so used to it that they just filter it out. It happens! And when it does you feel like... might as well just and scold la! :)
Anyway, to cut to the chase, he went back the next day, prepared to buy a new pair (donno got time to alter also before we left) and surprise, surprise! They completely took resposibility (tho not really their fault; i mean half an inch is almost nothing); gave him a new pair and altered it on the spot! C was completely blown away. Nowadays he doesn't (I think la!) totally ignore me when I encourage him!
But all praises go to God who really gave him favour in the sight of the Levi's staff. Apparently they were so apologetic and helpful!
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment