Yesterday Little Miss and I were having lunch. As I finished off, I said (more to myself than to her), "Mmm, that was delicious!". My little girl then said something. I couldn't quite catch what she had said and asked her to repeat it. After she said it a few times, I realised that she had said, "Oishii, ne!" which means "Delicious! or Delicious, wasn't it?"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had tried teaching her a loong time ago to say "Oishii", but she never seemed to learn it. Now she not only understood what I had said in English, translated it into Japanese but also added the "ne" which is sooooooooooo typical Japanese!!
I was flabbergasted!
On another note, I put on a pretty blouse to go out this morning. When Sophie saw it she said, "Mummy pretty!". So nice to get such heartfelt and sincere compliments!
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow! Now not only she looks like a Jap doll, she talks like one too. Bravo Lil Miss!
Post a Comment