Sunday, April 20, 2008

Chinese Restaurant

Yesterday we went to town for lunch after church. I wanted to eat at this Chinese restaurant that C has been to for business lunches. So off we went. Quite a walk from the subway, but then Fukuoka is not as well connected as Spore. No connecting buses for every place that is far from a subway. So finally we got there and we ordered dim sum which is known as yum cha here. It was good! Not much in term of quantity. About a quarter of what I'd order if we were in Msia (cheaper mah, Msia). First was some appetizer which was kinda Japansese. Don't even know what it was so won't describe it. I only recognised the prawn. Then came spinach shark's fin soup. Not your usual dim sum fare. Btw, this was a set. It tasted ok, I added so much vinegar that I couldn't really taste the spinach, but then, I love vinegar and I always eat shark's fin soup like that.
Then we had 1 char siew pau (hong kong style and fluffy bun) - nice, (quantities are per person), 1 shitake mushroom dim sum, one prawn whatever it's called - the kinda white wrapped dim sum as opposed to the yellow ones, 1 pohpiah but with unrecognisable filling, 1 fried thing (really donno wat), and 1 piece of carrot cake. Then came a bowl of congee and dessert was ice cream and almond jelly.

It sounds like really little, and I thought it was pretty meagre, but it was quite filling. So nice to have dim sum after... I don't know how long. Want to know how much it cost?? Just under SGD 65 for the two of us. :)
I can't wait to come back to spore and eat and eat and eat....

1 comment:

Ninja said...

OMG i can't believe you said Singapore and not Penang!!!!!!!